Oklahoma Square Dance Federation
Welcome to the Internet home of the Oklahoma Square Dance Federation! If you are visiting the Sooner State, let us know and we'll help you find a dance while you're here. We have hosted 5 National Conventions, 1955, 1978, 1989, 2003 & 2013. On these pages, you will be able to find out how square dancing was organized in our state by viewing the Organization Chart map. Our current officers are also listed - give us a call! If you need more information about a particular district, check out the section of our Districts. Click on the Calendar for upcoming events in the area. Interested in our newsletter - it's the Sashay. Most of all, have fun while you're here, and remember it's "FAITH, FELLOWSHIP, and SQUARE DANCING"
Bill & Molly Guthrie
South Central District
|The Purpose of the Oklahoma Square Dance Federation, Inc.
The Oklahoma Square Dance Federation, Inc. was originally formed in 1947 with the following purpose:
1. To promote Square and Round Dancing as a recreational activity of the highest standard.
2. To provide for Member District Associations promotional and organizational assistance with regard to new or existing clubs within their area.
3. Encourage, support and assist the Member District Associations in their efforts toward development and advancement of leadership in the various phases of Square and Round Dancing activities such as club management, promotional activities, callers, instructors, musicians, etc.
4. Promote and have active charge of an Annual Oklahoma Festival.
5. To Maintain communication between Member District Associations with regard to information of Square and Round Dance activities within the association.
6. Encourage the Member District Associations to police and progibit alcoholic beverages at any function within their districts. Use of alcoholic beverages at any Oklahoma Federation function shall be prohibited.
7. To operate as a Non-Profit Association.
Officers | Special Events | Calendar | Districts | Links | Lessons | Grand Prize Winners | Sashay Newsletter
To contact us:
Jim & Julia Reese